Record Watcher is updating fields on linked/referenced incidents if related list with List v3 is enabled and present on forms.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log into a Jakarta instance
- Ensure that List v3 is activated
- Confirm that real time record updates are active on the List v3 Properties page
- Confirm that Related Lists on forms is set to Enable v3
- Navigate to an Incident form, refer to this as incident A > Configure > Form Layout > create a new reference field, where the field is referencing the Incident table. Name this field Linked Incident
- Navigate back to the Incident form, incident A, and populate this Linked Incident field with the Incident number of an existing open incident, refer to this as incident B.
- Configure related lists on the incident form and add your related list for this new reference field. Make sure that the list loads with List v3.
- In a new tab open up your linked incident record, incident B, so that in each tab you have two separate incidents, one that is referencing another via the Linked Incident field.
- Make an update to the Short Description field on Incident A then click onto Incident B's tab and see that Record Watcher has updated the short description field to show the exact same update on B. If you refresh this page, the original short description for B is seen.
I've attached screenshots for reference.
This is only reproducible if you add the Linked Incident related list with related list loading set to Enable v3. Issue does not occur if glide.ui.list_v3.related_list property is set to enable_async_v2.
Reproducible in Jakarta instances (Jakarta, Patch 1 Hotfix 1, and Patch 1 Hotfix 2). Was not able to reproduce in Istanbul or demonightlyui.
Set the glide.ui.list_v3.enable_live_related_lists system property to false.
Related Problem: PRB1152788