Builds that are known to be affected:
Builds that are known NOT to be affected:
Istanbul & earlier
The User Preference ".stream_input" leveraged for maintaining a user's Comment/Work Note default preference is causing unexpected visibility issues. If the user navigates to a form view (ex: Self Service) which doesn't contain their current preference value (ex: work note), the alternative field no longer displays. However, the 'Post' button remains visible.
Succinct description of what is breaking and the conditions:
- Additional Comments and Work Notes fields are impacted.
- User must have a [sys_user_preference] for the '.stream_input' of the form's table.
- The form is broken in the condition that the comments/work note field opposite the user's preference is not on the form.
User cannot post journal input as previously/expected. This impacts mostly ITIL users.
- User navigates to a form and expects to be able to enter comments or work notes.
- The input field is missing
- There is a post button still on the form.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Hop onto a Jakarta instance (ex: demonightlyjakarta)
2. Impersonate an ITIL user (ex: Luke Wilson)
3. Navigate to a New/Work in Progress incident and ensure you're in Default View. The important thing to note here is that the OOB Default View is configured to have both 'additional comments' and 'work notes' fields within the Notes Section.
4. Switch your view to Self Service View. It is important to note here that the OOB Self Service View only has 'additional comments' ('work notes' is not configured to be on the form)
5. Switch back to Default View and post a comment. Then select Update.
6. Return to the record and post a work note, then select Update.
7. Repeat step 5. This ensures (if it did not yet exist) that a [sys_user_preference] for your user (Luke Wilson) named 'glide.ui.incident.stream_input' has been created and contains the value 'work_notes'
8. Switch to the Self Service View. Note the comments field is no longer visible, yet you can see the Post button. It is expected you can still see/post comments, but just because your preference is work notes, the field is no longer visible. This is a new behavior according to my tests and customer reports.
*I recommend testing with at least 2 ITIL users, or at least verify they do not already have the preference when beginning your steps. It is automatically created/saved during these steps. You could also choose to delete the preference if it already exists on the instance.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1238364