Read only choice fields on catalog shows dropdown values.
Steps to Reproduce
Reproducible across Jakarta instances.
- Add a drop down variable to a catalog item
- Set the drop down variable to read-only using a UI policy
- Try the catalog item. You will be able to see the options in the drop down variable even if it is set as read-only.
Customer has applied the fix of PRB1156110 and it has fixed the issue on the rest of his instance. However catalog items variables are still affected.
In order for the workaround to work, the customer needs to have the fix from platform for PRB1156110. (JP5, KP0).
- Navigate to UI Macro > New
- Create a new Macro, disable_select_readonly_click
- Add the following code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><j:jelly trim="false" xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:g="glide" xmlns:j2="null" xmlns:g2="null"><g:requires position="last" inline="true" name="scripts/doctype/element_choice.js"/></j:jelly>
- Save the macro.
- Open the Macro catalog_item
- Scroll down and add the following line at the last, before </j:jelly>
<g:inline template="disable_select_readonly_click.xml" />
- Save the macro
Related Problem: PRB1240968