Accessing the results of a public report from type list causes the default record from the sys_ui_list table to be deleted. Any task list layout previously configured by the administrator is lost.
The global sys_ui_list record for the task table (incident, change_request, etc.) gets deleted, making possible for non-admin users to configure an incident (or change request, task, problem, etc.) list layout for all users.
Once the global sys_ui_list record is deleted, the first user accessing the list will create a global record in the sys_ui_list table, with a Default View value, and empty User and Parent values.
Steps to Reproduce
- Clear the instance cache
- Type sys_ui_list_list.do in the Filter Navigation and confirm there is a list for the incident table:
- Navigate to Reports > View/Run > Create a Report
- Create a public report from the incident table with type List
- Click on Save and expand the drop down next to Save
- Click Publish and Copy Public URL
- Open an incognito window outside of your active sessions to view the URL copied in previous step
- Refresh the task list from step 2 and notice the list is no longer there.
This issue is under review and is affecting all current releases. The Fixed In section is not updated. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article.
Related Problem: PRB1204046