"Add CI Relationship" fails to load and gets stuck on the info-message "Loading Configuration Items"
This article intends to troubleshoot in case the Add CI Relationship operation fails to work, with the page showing the info-message Loading Configuration Item, never completing a successful load, and with no timeout error thrown.
The browser JS console (i.e. from Chrome developer tools) will report an error like the following:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getAttribute' of undefined
at e.getSuggestedQuery [as callbackFunction] (js_includes_ciRelationshipEditor.jsx?v=11-08-2016_1607&lp=Mon_Jan_02_01_11_36_PST_2017&c=10_88:31622)
at e._responseReceived (js_includes_doctype.jsx?v=11-08-2016_1607&lp=Mon_Jan_02_01_11_36_PST_2017&c=10_88:10778)
at e._processReqChange (js_includes_doctype.jsx?v=11-08-2016_1607&lp=Mon_Jan_02_01_11_36_PST_2017&c=10_88:10636)
at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (js_includes_doctype.jsx?v=11-08-2016_1607&lp=Mon_Jan_02_01_11_36_PST_2017&c=10_88:11)
- Navigate to sys_script_include.list https://<Instance_URL>/nav_to.do?uri=/sys_script_include_list.do
- Locate the script include AddRelationshipAjax
- Check if the script was updated or skipped during the instance upgrade.
- If it was skipped, compare and collect the differences between the out of the box version and the current version.
- Review the custom code and merge, if possible, with the new version.
- In case the previous customization is no longer needed, revert to the new OOB version contained in the upgraded instance.