The WMI Collector service may stop with an error on a Windows MID Server host. There is an issue where the MID Server attempts to access the log4net.dll library file in the Windows installation folder (c:\Windows\system32\), but cannot because of a lock on the file. The following error is displayed:
"The ServiceNow WMI Collector service terminated unexpectedly."
- Stop the service if it is running: 'ServiceNow WMI Collector.'
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32.
- Copy the log4net.dll file.
- Navigate to the MID Server installation folder.
- Navigate to ...\agent\bin\sw_wmi\bin (where the wmi_collector.exe file resides) and paste the file copied in step 3 into the folder.
- Restart the MID Server Service and the WMI Collector service.
It should now start correctly.