After adding an image and formatted text in the HTML editor, if you attempt to copy and paste the content to Outlook, the image and formatting is lost.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open an instance in Chrome or Firefox.
- Open the HTML Editor.
- Add some text and images.
- Copy the text and images.
- Paste the text and images into Outlook.
Due to platform set up, inserting an image as an Attachment prevents it from being displayed when the source link is visited. To allow images to be uploaded, copied, and pasted outside of TinyMCE, the image must be marked as an Image Library.
- Open the HTML editor.
- From the toolbar, select Insert/edit image.
- From the Type options, select Image Library.
- Upload an image.
- If necessary, fill in the other text boxes.
- Click Save.
- Copy the formatted text and image.
- Paste the formatted text and image into Outlook.
Paste options should appear inside Outlook.
- From the paste options, select Keep source formatting.
The image and formatted text should be visible and accurate.
Related Problem: PRB1101154