Discovery Service Mapping Error: "all commands failed on host"
When running a vertical discovery on a host device belonging to a custom class, the following error is seen:
all commands failed on host <IP_ADDRESS>. command type: <COMMAND_TYPE>. command track:
The above shows that no command implementation was attempted.
Starting from the Jakarta release, the table [sa_mapping_ext_commands] contains the list of all commands, and the operating system classes that those commands are relevant for.
In order to relate a command for the a custom class, the following steps must be followed:
- Create a new record for the new Operating System Class in the [sys_choice] table:
- Navigate to the [sys_choice] table.
- Add a new record with the following details:
Table = Mapping Discovery Commands [sa_mapping_ext_commands].
Element = os_class_name.
Value = the new table name.
- Add the new class to the desired command:
- Navigate to the [sa_mapping_ext_commands] table.
- Click on the relevant command, for example, Shell.
- Add the new class to the Operating System Class Name list.