When you have a reference field on a form or in the Service Catalog in which the Display field for that reference table is a translated_field/translated_text internal type the auto-complete will only look for English values and not the values in your language when it is other than English.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a variable of type reference on a catalog item (Exmaple Report Outage)
1a Reference sc_cat_item
1b Reference Qualifier Simple.
(Screen shot attached)
2. Select system language as English
3. When you now go to the catalog item and type ra you will see an option coming up as ratings (Screen shot attached)
4. when now change the language to non english (Ex Portugese)
5. The auto complete is not coming up (Screen shot attached)
Probable root cause : When you check in the networks tab in the developers tool you will see that there is no request going towards the server with the letters typed by the user.
Currently, there is no workaround. To receive notifications if and when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article.
Related Problem: PRB1173492