When you search for knowledge through the incident short description's book icon, like the one below:
and navigate to Home in the subsequent pop up window that appears, the Attach to Incident button no longer appears.
Steps to Reproduce
- Click the Search icon next to short description. The icon looks like a floppy disk
- Click the Home button in the subsequent screen
- Navigate to any article and open it
- Notice that the Attach to Incident button is not displayed
As a workaround, prevent users reaching this point by adding the Contextual Search Results to the form which displays knowledge suggestions.
To do this:
- Open an incident form
- Right click the grey header and select Configure > Form Layout
- Move the Contextual Search Results field from the Available column to the Selected column and move it under the Short description.
- Save the form
Now the search button, which looks like a floppy disk does not appear, and search results are automatically generated under the Short Description under Related Search Results with Preview and Attach buttons.
Related Problem: PRB719985