The ServiceNow WMI collector service after the upgrade of MID Servers to IP9/IP10 or Jakarta Patch 3 does not respond and might go into a restart loop.
Steps to Reproduce
Watch for the following symptoms:
- The MID Server throws the error "Failed to communicate with the WMI collector service."
- The WMI service is struck in starting state.
- The WMI service consumes a lot of CPU.
Check the WMI collector error messages in the MID server logs for further confirmation.
Navigate to MID Server > Servers.
Select the affected MID server.
Under Related Links, click Grab MID Logs.
Stop the service ServiceNow WMI Collector.
Copy the log4net.dll file from c:\windows\system32 to the agent\sw_wmi\bin folder (where the wmi_collector.exe file resides).
- Restart the ServiceNow WMI Collector.
Restart the MID Server.
- On the MID Server, navigate to Services.
- Find the MID Server service and start it.
Related Problem: PRB1108679