When using the typeahead search widget in the Service Portal, an error message appears for each Search Source configured on the Service Portal when the first letter is typed.
For example, in German:
Steps to Reproduce
- Activate a U18N translation plugin, such as German (if not already installed).
- Activate the Service Portal for Enterprise Service Management plugin (if not already installed).
- Change the user's language to German
- Navigate to the Service Portal homepage where the Homepage Search widget is configured (or any other page where the Typeahead Search widget is present).
- Start typing in the search field
Expected behavior: As one letter is not sufficient to run a text search, no search results will be returned and no error is seen.
Actual behavior: An error message is displayed multiple times.
To see whether a release has a permanent fix for this issue, you can subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
To filter the error from the Service Portal:
Copy the error message returned when searching, for example:
"Ihr Abfragetext enthielt nur allgemeine Wörter oder nicht eindeutige Platzhalter. Schränken Sie die Suche ein, und versuchen Sie es erneut"
Navigate to System Definition > Tables and go to the sp_filtered_message table.
Create a new record with the following values:
- Message: the same text as the error text
- Reason: any text, for example, "Workaround for PRB999999"
Note that this setting will also hide the error when there is a genuine reason to not search on a particular term, for example, the search terms contain a Stop Word.
Related Problem: PRB908513