Order Guide is a key Service Catalog feature that is routinely used by all our customers to support submission of multiple catalog items in an easy to use way.
The Order Guides within Service Catalog support Shopping Cart functionality which allows users to set the Requested for value for the Order at the very end of cart submission.
While Order Guides are supported in Service Portal as well as Shopping Carts, but only for Catalog Items.
Order Guides within Service Portal do not currently support Shopping Cart feature, which poses challenges to submit an Order Guide with a single Requested For value.
Steps to Reproduce
Enable Shopping Carts within Service Portal by following the steps below in Helsinki instances, which is available by default in Istanbul:
- Navigate to the portal record. Click on the Main Menu field and add the following JSON to the additional options:
It may already be there set to false. If so, set it to true.
- Follow the steps as documented in the online documentations below to enable the Add to cart button for the catalog item widget:
- Even with the Add To Cart enabled, since Service Portal does not support Shopping Cart feature for Order Guides, this is not available within Order guides and instead there is only a Submit button.
The intent with Service Portal is to enable our customers to provide modern, easy-to-use, device agnostic experiences for their end users or requestors. We do not intend to provide full feature parity between the Platform experience and the Service Portal experience. However, we do understand that you may have built out catalog item forms that are fairly complex and do not render well in the Service Portal today. Hopefully, the updates provided in the link below will help you overcome some of those challenges.
If they do not, there is an update set within the link that adds 2 new fields to the sc_cat_item table using iFrames but has changes that mask the iFrame experience.
Before using the update set, please understand:
- This approach is not a product offering, but only provided as an option to use, if you choose to do so. There will be NO SUPPORT for this.
- This is intended to be a short-term option so you can continue to use the Service Catalog on the Service Portal, while you set in motion plans to transform your catalog item forms to fit the Service Portal experience.
Related Problem: PRB935816