Service Portal: Variable assignments feature is not working in SP Order Guides.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create an order guide with one variable of specifications[name: single; type: Single line variable]
- Create one catalog item with one variable of specifications[name: multi; type:multi line text variable]
- Create a rule base for the order guide created in step1 and include the item created in step2 and save the changes.
- In the same rule base form click on the New button under the Item variable assignments related list and create a new entry with the following specifications
Item Variable : Catalog item variable name[ie single]
Order Guide Variable : Order Guide Variable[ie multi]
- Save the changes
- Now try the Order Guide in Service Portal
- In the describe needs step, give some value to order guide variable and click on Next button
- Now, expand the item and observe the value given for item's variable
The variable assignments are not working and item's variable value is shown as blank.
The intent with Service Portal is to enable our customers to provide modern, easy-to-use, device agnostic experiences for their end users or requestors. We do not intend to provide full feature parity between the Platform experience and the Service Portal experience. However, we do understand that you may have built out catalog item forms that are fairly complex and do not render well in the Service Portal today. Hopefully, the updates provided in the link below help you overcome some of those challenges.
If they do not, there is an update set within the link that adds 2 new fields to the sc_cat_item table using iFrames but has changes that mask the iFrame experience.
Before using the update set, please understand:
- This approach is not a product offering, but only provided as an option that you can use, if you choose to do so. There is NO SUPPORT for this.
- This is intended to be a short-term option so you can continue to use the Service Catalog on the Service Portal, while you set in motion plans to transform your catalog item forms to fit the Service Portal experience.
Related Problem: PRB1074203