Email notifications categories created on instances do not share the same sys_id. This could cause problems when moving notifications from one instance to another that will not be able to find a record in sys_notification_category table referenced on other instances
Steps to Reproduce
- Upgrade to a release from Jakarta on 2 similar system (for example, cloned instances).
- Export one notification from one of the upgrade systems and import it on the other system.
- Open the notification on the new system
Note that the Email Category is not displayed.
When you move a notification to a new instance, you need to reselect the notification category.
An advanced workaround is available:
- Export the Email notification categories on sys_notification_category on the original instance.
- On the target instance, import the sys_notification_category records exported before.
- (optional) Re-associate the existing email notification to the imported sys_notification_category records.
- (optional) Remove the unused sys_notification_category records.
Related Problem: PRB1162252