When attempting to create reports, if adding a field from a variable, the report will default to only showing the first record and nothing further. Furthermore, if using group by, it will recognize other records are available but not show them.
Steps to Reproduce
- Edit a catalog item such as Submit an IT request.
- Add these variables: Incident Number (reference type to incident), Incident description (multi-line text).
- Submit the catalog item a few times to generate some records in sc_req_item.
- Set the system property glide.ui.optimize.lists to false.
- Create a report on the requested item table (sc_req_item), andadd a filter for Item = <catalog item created or Submit an IT Request>.
- Run the report. Observe only one record is displayed, even though there are many records.
- Remove the filter and run the report again. Observe all records are shown.
This problem is targeted to be fixed in upcoming patches. The recommended workaround is to have both properties listed below set to their default value of true.
Related Problem: PRB1162821