When attempting to create reports, if adding a field from a variable, the report will default to only showing the first record and nothing further. Furthermore, if using group by, it will recognize other records are available but not show them.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Log in to a Istanbul Patch 6+ instance
2) Add variables(Incident Number (reference type to incident), Incident description (multi-line text)) to a catalog item (for example the OOB "Submit an IT Request").
3) Submit the cat item a few times so that we can generate some records in sc_req_item.
5) Set the property glide.ui.optimize.lists to false
6) Create a report on the requested item(sc_req_item) table and add a filter set to Item = <catalog item created or Submit an IT Request>
7) Run the report It displays one record though it has many on it.
8) Take the filter out and run the report, it shows all the records.
9) Observe in the localhost logs that the transaction from step 7 threw a NPE
Set the following property:
Testing is recommended prior to application in production.
Related Problem: PRB1162821