Reporting on the task table using the state field has discrepancies like :
- Adding a filter for state field in the report brings up a drop down of values - where some of the values from the child derived tables are missing and the drop down options seem different
- Creating a report of type donut displays values different from what is displayed if a list report is created with the same filters
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to https://demonightlyjakarta.service-now.com/
- Navigate to Reports > Create New to create a new report
- Give the Report a title test and select task as the table
- Create a report of Type Donut with filter condition created on last month and group by State
- Try to create another filter condition State is one of and pull down the list of drop down values and On Hold does not show as one of the options to pick from.
- Remove the newly created filter for State and hit Run
- Click on the Closed Complete in the Donut graph that comes up
- Group the subsequent list view by the State field by right clicking next to State field and selecting Group BY
- This view shows records with On Hold as the state in the incident table along with some records with a state of Closed Complete
This is a common platform behavior on extended tables when grouping by overridable choice lists.
Task is an extended table and state is a overridable choice list where extending types can override choices. The Task State dictionary entry would have Incident override basic Task State choices so that On Hold in an Incident has the same numeric value Closed Complete in the task table.
Related Problem: PRB635126