What issue are you going to face after October 1st?
- You may not see any VM updates through the CMDB CI and may not receive alerting after Oct 1, 2017.
- No error is displayed for this issue.
Steps to Reproduce
To determine if your instance may be affected by this change, check to make sure the com.sn_azure plugin is installed with Azure Alerts feature turned on.
For details on how to configure, see Configure rules using the Azure alert API.
To verify the issue:
- Go to the Azure portal, login to your Azure account, and start/stop a VM.
- Check on ServiceNow instance if that VM state is getting updated within 15-20 minutes.
- If it is not getting updated, you may be experiencing this problem and MS has stopped supporting the old alerting mechanism.
Perform an update set using the following instructions:
For any instance with the com.snc.azure Plugin, apply the following update set:
- Azure alert v1.xml
For any instance with com.snc.cloud.mgmt, apply the following update sets:
- Azure alert V2 global.xml
- Azure alert V2 cmp.xml
Note: The update sets are attached to this knowledge base article.
For information about applying an update set, see Commit an Update Set.
Related Problem: PRB1151544