Scores are not collected when an automated indicator uses conditions based on a catalog variable.
Steps to Reproduce
You must have a license for Performance Analytics to complete these steps.
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Maintain Items.
- Select Access.
- Add a yes/no variable named urgentaccess.
- In the catalog item record, click Try it, and order an item. Ensure that you choose no for the variable created.
- Navigate to Performance Analytics > Indicator Sources.
- Create an indicator source with the following values:
- Name: Requests
- Frequency: monthly
- Facts table:
- Condition: active is true
- Navigate to Performance Analytics > Automated Indicators.
- Create an automated indicator with the following values.
- Name: request.urgent.no
- Indicator source: requests
- Collect records: yes
- Aggregate: count
- Value when nil: 0
- Condition: Variables Access [Is this request urgent] [is] [No].
- Navigate to Performance Analytics > Breakdowns.
- Create a breakdown on state field for the indicator request.urgent.no.
- Create a historical data collection job to run for the previous 12 months.
- Execute the job and check the scores.
Although data is present, scores are not shown.
Move the condition that uses catalog variables to the indicator source.
Related Problem: PRB1117823