When a document id field is set to read only via ACL or dictionary, sever side methods, the field shows the sys_id instead of the display value when viewed in a form.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Desk > My Approvals, sysapproval_approver table
- Most likely, there are none. Hit All in the breadcrumbs at top of list
- Bring up any approval for a change record
- Check out the Approving field, the top right of form
If there is no Approving field:
- Right Click the form header
- Select Configure Form Layout
- Move the Approving field from the left to the right
- Save. Now the field is on the form
If the field is showing good data, Change Request: CHG12345:
- Right click the Approving field on the form
- Select Configure > Dictionary
- Put a check in Read Only
- Navigate back and view the form. The approving field is now a sys_id
This is a common dictionary vs. other read-only setting issue that’s come up for a lot of fields.
Set the field to read-only using a UI Policy, refrain from using the dictionary.
Related Problem: PRB1155488