Since Jakarta, if a journal field is placed in a tab separate from the Activity Formatter, the field is hidden.
Journal field type (not journal input) added to the UI16 activity stream no longer shows the field itself if the field is added on a different form section than where the activity formatter is located.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Navigate to the incident form.
2. Remove the Additional Comments and Work Notes fields from the Notes tab.
3. Add the Additional Comments and Work Notes fields to the Related Records tab.
4. View the incident form and open the Related Records tab.
Notice the journal fields are hidden.
5. Open an existing incident record > Configure > Form Layout.
6. Under 'Notes' section remove Additional comments, Work notes, and Activities (filtered).
7. Still under the same 'Notes' section add a new field of type Journal (not journal input).
8. Under 'Incident' section add Additional comments, Work notes, and Activities (filtered) and then save the changes.
9. Back to the incident form, the Additional comments, Work notes, and Activities (filtered) should now be in the main section while the 'Notes' section has the custom journal field.
10. Configure the activity available fields to add in the custom journal field to the activity formatter.
Notice the custom journal field has disappeared from the 'Notes' section. It did not go into the main section either where the activity formatter is located.
Related Problem: PRB1151939