Attaching a record producer with a variable set to an order guide does not set the expected order for variables. This inconsistency is displayed in question_answer and when viewing the variables through the Variable Editor.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a record producer for Incident.
- Create a variable set, and, within the variable set, create three different variables with unique names and order values.
- Use the record producer to create a new incident record.
- Add the Incident Variable Editor to the form.
Note the displayed order of the variables.
- Ensure that sc_cat_item_producer is not a value included in the glide.sc.item.order_guide_exclusion property.
- Create an order guide.
- In the order guide, create a new rule base.
- Under Include this item, select the record producer created above.
- Click Save or Update.
- Use the order guide to create an incident record.
- Navigate to the new incident record.
Note that the variables are displayed in an unexpected order. Values in question_answer show that the order has been set to different values.
If an instance upgrade is not possible yet, and a workaround is required, move the variables outside of the containers. If many items are configured with variable sets, this can result in a lot of work.
This problem was fixed since Istanbul Patch 10. It is recommended to upgrade to one of the latest available version patches.
Related Problem: PRB732841