In the finalizing stage, the upgrade monitor waits for the upgrade to be summarized. However, the priority of the upgrade summary job is relatively low and there are other jobs with the same or higher priority that are scheduled before or during the upgrade. This means that the upgrade summary job is scheduled to run very late and the upgrade monitor is stuck in the 'finalizing' stage for a long time.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create many scheduled jobs (sys_trigger) with:
- scripts that run for a few seconds (for example, with script 'gs.sleep(2000);')
- priority < 100 (lower number means higher priority)
- Schedule the jobs to run at approximately the same time you intend to run an upgrade (in the next step).
- Run an upgrade.
- During the upgrade, navigate to the sys_trigger table to ensure that:
- the created scheduled jobs have not been run
- there are upgrade summary jobs - one for summarizing rollback and one for upgrade (both have the name 'ASYNC: Script Job,' with the script starting with "var logger = new UpgradeLog();", and containing the sys_id from sys_upgrade_history)
- Go to the Upgrade Monitor page and wait until the upgrade is complete.
Note that the Upgrade Monitor is stuck on the 'finalizing' page for a long time. The amount of time depends on how many scheduled jobs you created in step 1. A larger number of jobs causes a longer delay before the upgrade summary is displayed.
Contact ServiceNow Customer Support to obtain the workaround for this issue.
Related Problem: PRB689628