In Jakarta, error: Cannot read property 'options' of null shows up in the console when clearValue() function is invoked with variables that are non-existent in the catalog form.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Service Catalog
- Create a variable of any type
- Create a Catalog Client Script with the function: clearValue() and use the variable created earlier.
- In the Catalog Client Script, use the same function for another field which does not exist in the Catalog Item
- Try the catalog item and when data is entered in the variable, there will be an error popping up: Cannot read property 'options' of null.
Possible workaround: In the catalog client script, remove the lines of code containing clearValue() functions that reference variables not present in the item.
Otherwise, if you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1084082