The Create Incident option disappears for the chat analyst if an end user leaves chat session unexpectedly or clicks the End Chat button or the agent ends a conversation before a record was created of the chat.
Steps to Reproduce
- Enable the com.glide.connect.support plugin. For more information, see the documentation topic Activate a plugin.
- Create a new Connect Support queue, named, for example, Test Queue, with the Assignment group of Service Desk. For more information, see the documentation topic Connect Support.
- In one session, impersonate an end user and open the Service Desk Connect Support queue to start a support session.
- In another session, impersonate a support agent accept the chat.
- Start a chat conversation. On the end user's side, click the End Chat button.
In the support agent's chat window, the action button Create Incident disappears.
Starting Istanbul Patch 5, there is a workaround to import the attached UI macro ng_chat_config to the instance. This will allow for Assigned Agents to use actions and send additional messages in closed cases. End users are unaffected by the workaround. The workaround should be deleted once upgrading to Jakarta or later.
Additionally, this comes with a new system property to enable or disable this feature going forward.
The property is:
It can be set to true or false in order to enable / disable the feature
Related Problem: PRB741898