Service Catalog: Catalog UI Policies do not work correctly if they are dependent on a read-only field.
Steps to Reproduce
Set up the following items:
- Catalog item: Test PRB1082072
- Variables: test_dropdown_1 (select box), test_text_1 (single line text), test_label_1 (label)
- UI policy: Set Test Text 1 Read Only – Makes test_text_1 read-only.
- UI policy: Reveal Label 1 – Makes Test Label 1 visible when Test Text 1 has 'option2' as the value.
- Catalog client script: Set test text dynamically – Sets the value of Test Text 1 when Test Dropdown 1 changes.
For more information, see the product documentation topic Set up a service catalog.
Navigate to Maintain Items and search for the catalog item Test PRB1082072.
Open the catalog item, and click Try it.
Change the Test Dropdown 1 to Option2.
The label named Test Label 1 does not appear under the Test Text 1 variable, which indicates that the catalog UI policy 'Reveal Label 1' is not being triggered.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1082072