Table of Contents
1. When is Paris going to be released?
2. What is Early Availability?
Early Availability is a ServiceNow early release program that allows a qualified, existing customers and select partners to upgrade to a ServiceNow new release before Market Launch, when it then becomes generally available. For more information, see Early Availability Overview. Please note that the "Early Access" program name changed to "Early Availability," but while the name has changed, the program remains fundamentally the same.
3. What are the benefits of Early Availability?
Early Availability customers and partners can test and try new features early in the roll-out cycle and ultimately upgrade to production early. They are also be among the first who are knowledgeable on the new release (competitive advantage).
4. How long is the Early Availability period?
5. When will release notes and documentation be available?
Release notes and documentation will be available to Early Availability participates at the start of the Early Availability period. Please see https://docs.servicenow.com
6. I am a customer - how can I participate in Early Availability?
You can self-register for Early Availability via Hi Service Catalog item Early Release Program Registration . Please reach out to your ServiceNow contact (Account Team, SC, PM, others.) or the firstname.lastname@example.org account with any questions.
- On-prem customers interested in participating should reach out to email@example.com
- FedRAMP certification customers interested in participating must create a case to disclaim adopting a non-FedRAMP certified release.
First, inform your ServiceNow contact (Account Team, SC, PM, others.) of your interest in Early Availability. Your ServiceNow contact can help you understand the program, answer questions, and register your account if it is the right fit. You can self-register for Early Availability via Hi Service Catalog item Early Release Program Registration
7. What type of customers are the best fit for Early Availability?
We invite existing customers who:
- Have a desire and need to take advantage of the new products/features as soon as possible
- Can upgrade and test the new release on their non-production instance after receiving the invitation to upgrade
- Are willing to be actively engaged and report issues promptly when encountered
8. I am in the process of purchasing ServiceNow. Will I be able to participate in Early Availability after the process complete?
9. I am a partner - how can I participate in Early Availability?
If you are a Technology Partner with a vendor instance (venXXXXX.service-now.com), check Technology Partner Program for early availability info.
10. I am a Developer - how can I get a temporary development instance?
To receive a temporary development instance, you need to register and be part of the ServiceNow Developer Program. Please review the the ServiceNow Developer Program website to learn more about the program.
11. I am in Early Availability, but I am not on Orlando yet. Can I directly upgrade to Paris?
12. How would I know that I am signed up for Early Availability?
After you self-register or your ServiceNow contact registers for Early Availability via Hi Service Catalog item Early Release Program Registration, and once the program begins, you will receive a “Welcome to Early Availability” email notification inviting you to schedule your Orlando upgrade . The notification contains detailed instructions on scheduling your upgrade, accessing product documentation, and release-specific details.
13. How is Early Availability rolled out?
Once the Early Availability program begins, all registered customer accounts will be entitled to the release and invited to schedule their upgrade via the "Manage Instances" page on HI. The EA program will end at the start of Market Launch.
14. I am an Early Availability customer or partner and want to report an issue on the new release - what should I do?
Promptly submit a Case in HI and begin the text in the Short Description field with "Paris -" For example:
Paris - <your short description here>
In the past repeat registration was required. Beginning in the Paris Early Release Program, if your account has been registered , you will also be automatically enrolled for optional participation in all future NowPlatform Early Release Programs.
If you would like to opt-out of the Early Release Program please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
16. If I am interested in one of the paid features of the new release, how would that work in Early Availability?
Let your Account Team know and reach out to email@example.com.
17. If Early Availability customers get the release 1-6 weeks early, when do other customers receive the release?
All customers can get the release after the official Market Launch.18. I still have questions related to Early Availability that are not covered in this FAQ - whom should I contact?
Please reach out to your ServiceNow Account Manager contact with your question, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.