Table of Contents
1. When is New York going to be released?
2. What is Early Availability?
Early Availability is a ServiceNow early release program that allows a qualified, existing customers and select partners to upgrade to a ServiceNow new release before Market Launch, when it then becomes generally available. For more information, see Early Availability Overview. Please note that the "Early Access" program name changed to "Early Availability," but while the name has changed, the program remains fundamentally the same.
3. What are the benefits of Early Availability?
Early Availability customers and partners can test and try new features early in the roll-out cycle and ultimately upgrade to production early. They are also be among the first who are knowledgeable on the new release (competitive advantage).
4. How long is the Early Availability period?
5. When will New York release notes and documentation be available?
6. I am a customer - how can I participate in Early Availability?
First, inform your ServiceNow contact (Account Team, SC, PM, others.) of your interest in Early Availability. Your ServiceNow contact can help you understand the program, answer questions, and register your account if it is the right fit. You can also self-register for Early Availability via Hi Service Catalog item Release Testing Preview and Early Availability Signup
7. What type of customers are the best fit for Early Availability?
We invite existing customers who:
- Have a desire and need to take advantage of the new products/features as soon as possible
- Can upgrade and test the new release on their non-production instance after receiving the invitation to upgrade
- Are willing to be actively engaged and report issues promptly when encountered
8. I am in the process of purchasing ServiceNow. Will I be able to participate in Early Availability after the process complete?
9. I am a partner - how can I participate in Early Availability?
If you are a Technology Partner with a vendor instance (venXXXXX.service-now.com), check Technology Partner Program for early availability info.
10. I am a Developer - how can I get a temporary New York development instance?
To receive a temporary New York development instance, you need to register and be part of the ServiceNow Developer Program. Please review the the ServiceNow Developer Program website to learn more about the program.
11. I am in Early Availability, but I am not on Madrid yet. Can I directly upgrade to New York?
12. How would I know that I am signed up for Early Availability?
After your ServiceNow contact signs you up or you self-register for Early Availability via Hi Service Catalog item Release Testing Preview and Early Availability Signup, and once the program begins, you will receive a “Welcome to New York Early Availability” email notification inviting you to schedule your New York upgrade . The notification contains detailed instructions on scheduling your upgrade, accessing product documentation, and release-specific details.
13. How is Early Availability rolled out?
Once New York Early Availability program begins, all registered customer accounts will be entitled to the New York release and invited schedule their upgrade via the "Manage Instances" page on HI. Early Availability no longer operates on the “wave” system of weekly invitations; as of New York release, EA registered customers will be entitled to the EA release build as soon as the program begins. The EA program will end at the start of Market Launch.
14. I am an Early Availability customer or partner and want to report an issue on the new release - what should I do?
Promptly submit an incident in HI and begin the text in the Short Description field with the word "New York." For example:
New York - <your short description here>
We cannot assume that after a customer or partner is in Early Availability they want to be in Early Availability for all future releases. For that reason, please let your ServiceNow contact know of your interest in Early Availability before every release so they can register you, or you can also self-register for Early Availability via Hi Service Catalog item Release Testing Preview and Early Availability Signup.
16. If I am interested in one of the paid features of the new release, how would that work in Early Availability?
Let your Account Team know and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. If Early Availability customers get the release 1-6 weeks early, when do other customers receive the release?
All customers can get the release after the official Market Launch.18. I still have questions related to Early Availability that are not covered in this FAQ - whom should I contact?
Please reach out to your ServiceNow Account Manager contact with your question, or email email@example.com.