Single-line text variable is displayed as a multi-line text variable in Service Portal.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Incident > All.
- Open any incident record.
- Right-click on the Short description field label and select Configure Dictionary.
- In Max length, change the value to 1600.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to Service Catalog > Catalog Definitions > Record Producers.
- Open the record producer named Report an Issue.
- Note that there are two listed:
- Description: Single Line text that maps to field Short Description from Incident table
- Additional Information: Multi Line text that maps to field Additional Comments from Incident table
- Click Try it.
Note that both fields are appear as expected with a single-line text field for the the Description and multi-line text field for Additional Information.
- Navigate to Service Portal (https://<yourinstancename>.service-now.com/sp).
- Click Get Help.
- Under Categories, click Can We Help You?.
- Click Report an Issue.
Note that the Description field is displayed as a multi-line text field when it should be displayed as a single-line text field.
This issue is under review. If you are able to upgrade, check the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB1160710