Anchor tags (used for navigation in long articles) added to knowledge base articles work correctly in Service Catalog, but do not work in Service Portal. When clicking a link to a different section of the knowledge base article, the section is displayed and the page is immediately reloaded.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to Knowledge > All.
- Open KB0000005: Excel Functionality.
- In the Text field header bar, click the source code icon .
- In line 33, right before the word "Enlarging," add <a name="testing"></a>.
- Click OK.
- In the Text field, under the title, type Testing.
- Highlight the word Testing.
- Click the Insert/edit link icon.
- In URL, type #testing.
- Click OK.
- Right-click in the header bar and select Save.
- Open Service Portal.
- Search for the article using the article number (KB0000005).
- Open the article.
- Click on the word Testing.
Note that clicking on the Testing link takes you to the section named "Enlarging Default Font Sizes in MS Excel" and then, within seconds, brings you back up to the top of the article.
Follow the steps in the attached Powerpoint presentation file.
Related Problem: PRB707186