If an entity, such as a script include, has been customized, then the corresponding sys_update_xml is removed before upgrade. The upgrade process restores the entity to its baseline, but the sys_update_version record is not creaed.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to System Definition > Script Includes.
- Open a script include, for example, WorkflowApprovalUtils.
- Make a change to the script include.
- Click Update.
- In the Application Navigator, type sys_update_xml.list in the Filter navigator field and press enter or return on your keyboard.
- Delete the entry for the change you made in step 3 , for example, sys_script_include_0360b36d0a0a0b260a89dfec60c339c4.
- Do one of the following:
- Upgrade the instance.
- Activate the Workflow Runtime Engine (com.glideapp.workflow) plugin.
Note that the sys_update_version is not added for the upgrade for the file.
- Open the entity.
- Make a small change to the record.
- If necessary, change it back.
This generates a sys_update_xml record and a sys_update_version record for the entity.
Related Problem: PRB901457