How to change the homepage refresh behavior
ServiceNow uses a very open homepage configuration model that allows most users unlimited access to create and changing their homepage to fix their personal needs. One of these options allows for users to select an auto-refresh rate of their homepage by default. This list contains options for auto-refreshing every 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or 1 hour.
How to change the listed refresh rates:
The default list can be overwritten by adding a new property with a comma-separated list of options. These values are in seconds. In the example below, the 5-minute option (300) will be removed.
- Navigate to the module: System Properties > All Properties
- Create a new property with the following settings:
- Name: glide.home.refresh_intervals
- Descripntion: Comma-separated list of refresh intervals available on homepages.
- Type: String
- Value: 900,1800,3600
- When removing an interval, consider changing all users that are using this interval to a new value.
- Navigate to the module User Administration > User Preferences
- Filter > Name is "home_refresh" and the value 300 or off.
- Use the "Update All" list control option to set the value to one of the new intervals.
Note: Adding a value less than 5 minutes (300 seconds) will lead to performance issues as homepage transactions make up between 30-50% of most instances' user traffic.
For more information, please see the product documentation: Refresh the homepage