In Istanbul and later releases, List v3 offers the ability to query tables based on their related tables contents, using the new Related List Conditions section.
On tables that have a large number of relationships, the opening of the filters pane in IE11 is extremely slow. For example, on the sys_user table it takes more than 10 seconds for the interface to become usable again after pressing the filter icon. This is due to:
- the large number of reference fields that point toward the sys_user table
- the 4000+ references that need to display in the Related List Conditions dropdown for the sys_user table
During the freeze time, you will likely receive an alert that states "service-now.com is not responding."
Performance in Chrome and Firefox is acceptable. These two browers manage the mass update of the DOM with 4000+ relationships more efficiently.
Steps to Reproduce
Ensure that you have the following installed on your instance:
- Istanbul Patch 3 with demo data
- List v3 plugin
- Open Internet Explorer 11.
- Log in to the instance.
- Navigate to User Administration > Users.
- Click the filter icon to expand the filter pane.
Note that the pane:
- takes an excessive time to load (for example, longer than 10 seconds)
- if using an IE11 virtual machine on a Mac, the cooling fan on the computer will start running at full speed
- when inspecting in the F12 Developer tools, an excessive amount of time is spent doing "Style Calculation"
- a request happens in the background to the URL "/api/now/ui/related_list/related/sys_user/all" that contains 4000+ results
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB881008