Affected Builds: Jakarta Patch 1 Hotfix 1
Builds that are not Affected: Istanbul Patch 6a, Helsinki Patch 11
If there is an HTML field added on the form, and also on the activity stream.
When the field changes, its content shows on the activity stream including HTML tags.
This issue is specific to Jakarta release, and not reproducible in Helsinki or Istanbul.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log into any OOTB Jakarta Patch 1 Hotfix 1 instance
- Navigate to the incident form, incident.do
- Use Configure > Form Layout to add an HTML Field called Test HTML
- Open the incident.do form again, and create a new incident with blank value on the new Test HTML field
- Open the newly created record, navigate to the activity section, and click on the Funnel, or Filter, icon.
- Scroll down and click on Configure available fields link
- Add the Test HTML field in the slushbucket
- Navigate back to the incident.do form again, and change the value in Test HTML field to Hello World. Save the record.
In activity stream, Hello World appears as <p>Hello World</p>
This issue is fixed in London and back-ported to Kingston Patch 6 and Jakarta Patch 10.
Related Problem: PRB1110812