When pasting images into a HTML Area field on the Service Portal from the windows clipboard, the image is not inserted into the text area.
The behaviour can vary, it may look like it has been inserted but then does not save along with the rest of the content or it may not show the image at all when pasting.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log into a Helsinki instance with Service Portal activated
- Navigate to a form containing a HTML field, for example the Social Q&A Ask a question page /sp?id=sqanda_new_question
- Take a screenshot, use the windows snipping tool or your method of choice to copy an image to clipboard.
- Try to paste the image
The outcomes vary:
- May not be able to paste the image at all
- Image may be pasted but not stored when submitting the record
- Image may be saved and stored in the record
Windows OS users appear to experience this issue more often than Mac users however the behavior has been experienced on both Mac and Windows.
The issue does not occur anymore in Jakarta and later releases, due to an upgrade of the TinyMCE Editor from v3 to v4 with that release.
Related Problem: PRB700710