If a scoped column is added to/created on an existing non-scoped table, this column can only be deleted by users with elevated privileges.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new application.
- Remain on this application, should be automatically switched to it after it is created.
- Navigate to an existing table, for example, incident.
- Create a new column on this table. This column should automatically have column name of x_something
- Impersonate an admin user, whether or not this user has elevated security privileges does not matter here, and remain in the custom application.
- Try to delete the dictionary record for this column on form view. Note there is no delete button.
- Try to delete the dictionary record for this column on list view. Note the delete list action is grayed out.
- Try to delete the dictionary record from the incident table column's embedded list. Note there is no red X icon.
Please contact Customer Support to request assistance in removing the unwanted column(s).
If you are able to upgrade, check the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB690378