Knowledge exact search results are limited to the user's preferred language.
Steps to Reproduce
- Install an alternate language plugin in the instance.
For example com.snc.i18n.french
- Switch to the installed language (for example, French), and create a new KB article in that language.
- Switch to the English language again, or impersonate a user that has EN as their preferred language.
- Search globally for the KB article created in step 2.
Note that it is not found even if the search is completed for the KB number.
- Switch the language to French again.
- Perform the same search in step 4.
Notice the search returns the KB article this time.
This is expected behavior. The system filters the exact search results to display only knowledge records that are in the same language as the preferred language setting.
Related Problem: PRB708949