UI Policies and UI Policy Actions are not working as expected on Catalog components in Mobile App or Mobile View.
- Variables set as read-only on Requested item or Catalog Task forms remain editable on the mobile application, while the same variables are read-only on the Desktop UI.
- UI Policies that are hiding fields are working on the Desktop UI, but in Mobile, everything is visible.
Steps to Reproduce
- Login as administrator in an OOB instance (Enterprise or Express) in Native UI
- Select a Catalog Item Record Producer available to Desktop and Mobile
- Create a Catalog UI Policy to a Variable, or Variable Set, or field in the catalog item to make it read only
- Observe that it works fine on the std desktop UI
- Switch to /$m.do or access the instance via mobile app
- Observe the same variable or field is not read-only and still editable
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue and the risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
To receive notifications in case of a future product enhancement on this, please subscribe to this article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the page.
Related Problem: PRB745444