Activating Domain Support - Domain Extensions Installer automatically loads demo data into the instance.
The Demo Data includes:
- a sample domain hierarchy including a Default domain (/TOP/MSP/Default)
- core_company records mapped to some of the sample domains
- associated sys_user and sys_user_has_role records for some of these sample domains.
There is code in place that causes users to automatically be moved from global into the /TOP/MSP/Default domain when their sys_user record is updated on login.
Once they are in this domain, any tasks or other domain-separated data they create will also be created in /TOP/MSP/Default.
Steps to Reproduce
- Request Domain Separation to be activated.
- Navigate to domain.list; note there are 10 records to set up a sample domain hierarchy.
- Navigate to domain_contains.list; note there is a sample record, so the MSP domain contains the TOP domain.
- Navigate to core_company.list, add the Domain column to the list, and filter out the records where Domain is global; you will have five core_company records.
- Navigate to sys_user.list, add the Domain column to the list, and filter out the records where Domain is global; you will have twelve sys_user records.
These also have associated sys_user_has_role records.
- Have a user of your instance in the global domain, and login to the instance.
Their sys_user record is updated and the domain changed to /TOP/MSP/Default.
- Load the attached DomainDisableUtilitiesv2_UpdateSet.xml, preview, and commit.
- Execute the following commands in Scripts - Background: disableDomainSupport();
This executes the following scripts:
- turnoffDomainProperties(); - Turn off some glide.sys.domain properties first.
- deleteDomainDemoData(); - Delete the domain demo data that was loaded, including the sample hierarchy.
- GlideProperties.set("glide.domain.default", "global"); - Property set in memory by the getDefaultDomain script include; this clears the property instead of a restart.
- GlideProperties.set("glide.domain.primary", "global"); - Property set in memory by the getPrimaryDomain script include; this clears the property instead of a restart.
- GlideDomainSupport.resetTablesToGlobal(); - Java call to reset everything to global domain; this is the code for Reset all records to global domain.
Related Problem: PRB1068318