An XML import cannot update the value of a currency field because the XML content only contains an amount. A currency field value is represented by an amount and a currency and this information is stored in the fx_currency_instance table. The XML export feature does not include dependent information such as related fx_currency_instance records.
Steps to Reproduce
- Access an ast_contract record that has a non-zero value in the Payment amount field
- Export that record to XML
- Open the XML record in a text editor and modify the value in the Payment amount field
- Save changes to the XML record and then import it back into the instance
- Note the Payment amount value is unchanged
Export the data to CSV or Excel and then use Import Sets to move the currency information into another instance.
Related Problem: PRB717932