In Automated Test Framework (ATF) field values validation step with a date field and operator "between" does not support using GEM for both date values.
Steps to Reproduce
Navigate to Automated Test Framework > Test.
Create a new test.
- Click New to create a new test.
- Provide a name in the Name field.
- Click Save.
Under the Test Steps related list, click Add Test Step.
Create an Impersonate step.
- Click Server, then Impersonate, then Next.
- Set the User field to any user, for example, Abel Tuter from the demo data.
- Click Submit.
Create a Field Values Validation step.
- Click Add Test Step.
- Click Form, then Field Values Validation, then Next.
- Set the Table field to Incident.
- In the the drop down "--choose field'--" list, select a date field (for example, Activity due).
- Change the operator value from "on" by choosing "between" from the drop-down list.
Expected result: A GEM button appears next to both calendar icons, allowing GEM values to be used for both date values.
Actual result: A GEM button appears only next to the second calendar icon, which means a GEM value can be used only for the second date value.
If the desired condition is "[Activity due] [between] [GEM Value 1] and [GEM Value 2]," create the following two conditions:
- [Activity due] [after] [GEM Value 1] AND
- [Activity due] [before] [GEM Value 2]
Related Problem: PRB1030851