After upgrading to Istanbul, updates to existing catalog task and requested items trigger warning that mandatory fields are not filled in
After upgrading to Istanbul, updates to catalog task and requested items will trigger the following warnings: "The following mandatory fields are not filled in: null" or "The following mandatory fields are not filled in: <variable label>"
This article refers to the following scenario:
- Instance was recently upgraded to Istanbul.
- Variables of catalog item or variable set in question contains the variable type check box.
- Catalog client scripts or catalog UI policy sets one of these check box variables as mandatory.
Prior to Istanbul, the check box variable type only has the Mandatory option and the check box always has a value of FALSE (unchecked), which satisfies the mandatory requirement because it has a value. To require users to select at least one of the grouped check box variables, logic is implemented via custom catalog client script. In Istanbul, this logic is implemented via the "Required Checked" option; because of this, the check box no longer has a value of FALSE.
If after the upgrade the Required Checked option is enabled for a check box variable and updates are made to the catalog task or requested item record where no selection is made on the grouped check box variables, the following warnings will appear: "The following mandatory fields are not filled in: null" or "The following mandatory fields are not filled in: <label variable or Options>".
If the Required Checked option is enabled for one of the grouped check boxes, at least one of the check box options must be selected.
Things to check:
- Make sure to select at least one of the check boxes in the group. An asterisk (*) identifies which group requires attention.
- If no label variables have an asterisk (*), review the catalog UI policy and catalog client script of the affected catalog item that sets visible to false for a label variable or check box variable.
Note: Although the option for the box variable is called Required Checked and the backend field is also called mandatory, this option behaves differently than the Mandatory option of other variable types.