When navigating to the Knowledge page and posting a question, users can select a knowledge base for which Social Q&A is disabled. When the question is submitted, an error appears.
Steps to Reproduce
- Enable Social Q&A for a knowledge base.
- Check that you have at least one knowledge base that does not have Social Q&A enabled.
- Navigate to Self-Service > Knowledge.
- Click Post a Question.
- In the Knowledge Base field, click the arrows to show the drop-down menu.
Note that all knowledge bases are listed, even the knowledge bases for which Social Q&A has not been enabled.
- In the Knowledge Base field, select a knowledge base that does not have Social Q&A activated.
- Add a Title.
- Click Post Question.
Note the error message: Error in fetching question. The question cannot be submitted successfully.
If you are able to upgrade, check the Fixed In field below to determine the versions that have a permanent fix. You can also subscribe to this known error article (click Subscribe button at the top of the article) to receive notifications when more information is available about this issue.
Related Problem: PRB692419