Resolving a failure to find a MID Server for IP address
Service Mapping does not find a MID Server, which matches the parameters used for selecting MID Servers for a discovery job.
Service Mapping applies the MID Server selection algorithm that finds the MID Server to carry out the discovery.
- IP range: this range must contain the IP address of the CI you are discovering
- SSH for Unix hosts
- WMI for Windows hosts
- SNMP for load balancers
- Supported Application: Service Mapping or All
For more information, refer to MID Server Configuration for Service Mapping.Symptoms
Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Navigate to Service Mapping > MID Servers.
- Click MID Selection Test.
- Enter the CI IP address in the Target IP field.
- Select ServiceMapping or ALL from the Application list.
- Select the relevant MID Server capability from the Capability list.
- Click OK.
- If you get the same error, configure one of the MID Servers used in your deployment to answer necessary selection parameters.