Upgrading the Edge Encryption Proxy to Istanbul (version 3.x.x)
When upgrading the Edge Encryption proxy from Geneva or Helsinki to Istanbul, the following error may appear in your edgeencryption.log:
ERROR Error occured during proxy startup: This proxy (ProxyName) defines RSA signature key differently than other online proxies.
The Edge Encryption proxy fails to start.
The Istanbul version of Edge Proxies uses RSA signature keys. Older versions did not use those keys.
To solve this issue when upgrading your Edge Encryption proxies, follow these steps:
- Stop your proxy service.
- Upgrade your proxy as described in Update your Edge Encryption Proxy.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for all Edge Encryption proxies associated with your instance.
- Log in to your instance as an administrator with elevated security admin roles.
- Navigate to Edge Encryption Configuration > Proxies > All.
- Select all proxies listed by selecting the check boxes next to the proxy names.
- From Actions on Selected Rows (below the table), select Delete.
- When prompted, click Delete.
- When all proxies are removed from the instance, log into the machines that have the Edge Proxies installed.
- Start the Edge Encryption Proxy service for each installed and upgraded edge proxy. If you run your proxies on Windows, you might want to change the service back to start Automatically again as well.
- Verify that the proxies are back online by navigating to Edge Encryption Configuration > Proxies > Online.