The Field Values Validation step cannot store multi-line string content. It uses a Condition builder, which does not support multi-line strings. This is working as designed.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create an automated test case (Navigate to Automated Test Framework >Test >New).
- Add a step for Open a new form for Demand [dmn_demand].
- Add a step to Set Field Values.
- Specify to set the Description field to have a string that has a couple of paragraphs with a paragraph in between. For example:
This is the description for my DEMAND item for testing.
I have a whole bunch of enhancements to the system that I want.
- Add a test step to Validate Field Values.
- Specify to validate the Description field (tried IS , CONTAINS).
- In the field that has the value to validate, paste in the string that was specified in step 4.
- Complete any other fields or steps needed to enable the Run Test button.
- Run the test.
Results: Description strings fail to match and test step fails. Steps 1 and 2 pass, but step 3 fails.
Use multiple AND conditions with 'field contains' semantics to allow for validating multiple blocks of text.
Related Problem: PRB823832