A blank screen appears when changing the userid while logged in.
Steps to Reproduce
- On a Windows machine, open a browser (e.g. Chrome) and log in to a base system Geneva instance as an administrator.
- Create a user with a userid test1 from the same browser.
- Open a different browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and log in as the new user you created from the previous step.
- On the first browser, as an admin, change the userid of test1 to test12.
- Close the second browser (Internet Explorer) and reopen it. Log in to the base system Geneva instance and notice a blank screen is displayed.
To get the UI back, go to the first browser (in this case, Chrome) and change the userid back to test1. After logging in from the other browser (Internet Explorer), the screen will be displayed.
To receive notifications when more information is available about this issue, subscribe to this Known Error article (click the Subscribe button at the top right). If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In field to determine whether any versions have a permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB741925