Users with the template_scheduler role are unable to view the Schedule button when editing a template using the template toolbar. You can view the Schedule button when accessing the sys_template.list directly and editing a template by navigating to System Definitions > Templates.
Steps to Reproduce
- Impersonate a user who has the template_scheduler role.
- Navigate to Incident > Create New.
- Click on the More options button on the form header and select Toggle Template Bar.
- From the template toolbar on the bottom, click Create a new template.
- Notice that there is no Schedule button on the form.
- Go to sys_template.list and click New. The Schedule button is now displayed.
This is working as designed. The Schedule Template functionality was specifically excluded from being available when editing a template via the template bar modal dialog.
Related Problem: PRB741111