Attachments are not visible on knowledge articles. For example, when opening a knowledge article in the new Service Portal interface with the attachment link option selected, it ignores this setting. The article body is opened without downloading or showing any attachments.
Steps to Reproduce
- Bring up any published KB Article from kb_knowledge.list
- Find and check the Attachment link checkbox (usually to the top right of the knowledge form)
- Add attachments and save.
- Navigate to the article via the Service Portal.
- Note that no attachments display anywhere in the article in Service Portal.
This problem was fixed in Helsinki Patch 5. A previous valid workaround was mentioned in the ServiceNow community:
Related Problem: PRB703601