When an ITIL user either creates a new incident, change or problem; or views a record of a incident, change, or problem; clicks the 3 dots to open the All Templates box, clicks Edit a template, makes changes and saves; after the modal box disappears and shows the form again, the user clicks the 3 dots again, and the Edit link is no longer there.
It also disappears when you create a new template.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in as ITIL user.
- Create a new incident or problem, or change or view an existing one.
- If the template bar is not shown, activate it by toggling the template bar.
- Click on the 3 dots to open the All Templates box.
- If you do not have access to edit a template, create a new one by clicking the plus icon, next to the 3 dots icon.
- Add fields to the template.
- Click Save.
- Click the 3 dots again.
Note: You can see the issue happening now and the Edit link is gone.
- Reload the form so the Edit link appears.
- Click on the 3 dots, edit the newly created template, and save.
- The Edit link is gone, though it should be showing the whole time. It disappears after a template is created or edited.
Two ways around this:
- After creating or editing a template, reload the form.
- Modify templates directly via the sys_templates table.
Related Problem: PRB704855