When a user with a backslash "\" in their user name impersonates another user and then tries to impersonate themselves from the Recent Impersonations list, a java.lang.NullPointerException occurs.
Steps to Reproduce
- Navigate to User Administration > Users.
- Click New.
2. In User ID, type test\user.
- In Password, type 1234.
- Right-click in the header bar and select Save.
- In the Roles section or tab, click Edit.
- In the Collection list, select admin and move it to the Roles List list.
- Click Save.
- Log out.
3. Log in as test\user using the password set in step 3.
4. Impersonate the user named Abel Tuter.
5. Impersonate test\user from the Recent Impersonations list.
Note that a java.lang.NullPointerException occurs. Also note that in some version of ServiceNow (for example, Istanbul Patch 4) the error may not be visible, but nothing happens when you click the name in the Recent Impersonations list.
Type in the user name instead of clicking on the name in the Recent Impersonations list.
Related Problem: PRB935989